2006-03-15

First experiences with my new toy

All right, it's small. Smaller than I expected.
In the box:
  • The mini
  • The remote control
  • A box containing manuals and CD's
  • A DVI to VGA adapter
  • Power supply
The first boot looks a little slow. Nice movie welcoming me to my new machine...
Then answer some questions. The registration fails because I'm behind a proxy-server here.

And then ... MacOS/X in it's full glory.

What I liked:
  • Exposé, I configured it to respond to the left bottom en right bottom corners
  • Front Row is very easy to navigate using the remote
  • The package
  • The fact that when I got lost in the UI for configuring date & time that I could simply start a command shell and use familiar Unix commands...
  • Display configuration just works...
What I didn't like
  • At first the machine wouldn't wake up from sleep. Had to shut it down and restart. I reconfigured the automatic sleep functionality and after that it suddenly worked. Don't know what happened, but I moved both system and display sleep to 'never'. Now it works. Reconfigured the mentioned settings to 3 minuts display sleep and 15 minutes system sleep. Works. Strange.
  • ?

No comments: